Sweet Pepper Provolone Pizza with Spinach & Peppers
Prep and Cook Time: 15 and 15
1 12 oz package of Kayem Sweet Pepper Provolone Pork Sausage,
sliced on the diagonal 1/4" thick
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup red bell pepper thinly sliced
1/2 cup green pepper thinly sliced
2 tbsp all purpose flour
1 16oz frozen pizza dough, thawed
1 cup tomato basil pasta sauce, low sodium
1 cup mozzarella, low sodium
1 cup baby spinach
Preheat oven to 475 degrees and place pizza stone in oven 45 minutes before baking pizza.
1. Coat a medium non-stick skillet with 1 tbsp of olive oil, brown peppers over medium high heat for 3 minutes. Remove from pan, set aside.
2. Dust a work area with the flour, and roll out dough, stretch to form pizza, transfer to a pizza peel or large cookie sheet.
3. Spread tomato sauce over dough, sprinkle with mozzarella and peppers, arrange sausage slices on top.
4. Slide pizza onto the preheated stone, using a spatula to guide it. Bake for 15 minutes or until pizza is crispy and golden.
5. Remove from oven, top with baby spinach. Allow to rest 5 minutes before slicing. Optional: Top with freshly cracked black pepper.
Nutritional Info per Serving