Pineapple & Bacon Sausage w/ Homemade Macaroni & Cheese
Prep and Cook Time: 10 and 15
1 12 oz package Kayem Pineapple Uncured Bacon Sausage
1 tsp canola oil
3 oz slice sourdough bread
1 tsp unsalted butter, melted
12 oz dry macaroni
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup egg substitute
12 oz 2% evaporated milk
1. Saute Pineapple & Bacon sausage in oil over med. heat until browned and internal temp reaches 165 degrees. Remove, slice into pieces and set aside.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions.
3. Pulse bread in a food processor until crumbly. Place the crumbs in a bowl, add the melted butter and mix well. Place butter crumb mixture on a cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
4. Return macaroni to the pan and place over medium-low heat stirring in cheese, egg substitute and milk. Cook for 4 minutes or until cheese melts, stirring constantly. Stir in sausage pieces last and spoon into bowls.
5. Serve with toasted bread crumbs on top.
Nutritional Info per Serving